1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
I ran a Half Marathon, which meant that Ladybug had to sleep out that night which was a first for both of us. I also ran on the top of Africa!!! AMAZING!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I had any, but for 2015 we will live life large and not hold back on anything!
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
At the Oval in Dubbo, New South Wales with our family… Including my brother and nephew. Its also Aunty Nonny’s 21st!!!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My first born furbaby (Comic Creepers). and my best friend’s Dad passed away – Ive known him pretty much my whole life. It hit me hard, but what hit me harder was that I couldn’t physically be there for her.
5. What countries did you visit?
We heading off to Australia on Christmas Eve.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More moments that take my breathe away
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
9th Febraury – It was the Pick N Pay Half Marathon. It was my first Half Marathon and something I never thought I would ever be able to do (physically and mentally), but I did it. Now, I can only improve on my time!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving the year, becoming 100% debt free and well making sure Ladybug has lived – although there are still 2 and a bit weeks, that may change.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to take away pain from my friend and family. We have seen loss this year, we have seen Cancer returned (the count is now up to 3 cancer returns) and there is nothing I can physically do about it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Me personally? No not really unless you include my stupid back injury bugging me every now and then
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new Half a car – it was the first car (and probably the last) that I have been able to buy cash
12. Where did most of your money go?
Rent and Ladybug’s Education
13. What song will always remind you of 2014?
There are 2…
Nickelback – What Are You Waiting For?
One Republic – I Lived
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Have me time to read
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinate and come up with excuses for getting active
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Is Frozen a TV show? Its permanently on our TV – well it feels that way
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
Can I say Jack and Jill, or any other book on Ladybug’s shelve?
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
Interstella – AMAZING!!!
21. What did you do on your birthday
I was meant to run the Pirates 10km but being a fair weather runner and all and it was cold and Ladybug was sick – I think – so skipped that and we had lunch at Grandad and Sanma’s house
22. What kept you sane?
Running, blogging and making our house a home
23. Who did you miss?
My Grandparentals and most of all this amazing person
24. Who was the best new person you met?
Baka – (Mia’s Mom) she’s Ladybug’s adoptive Serbian Grandmother… cos you know, everyone needs a Serb or 2 in their life!
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014
Life is unpredictable. You can have plans, you can make plans and you can make sure your plans go according to plan, but then life steps in and everything goes for a ball…. Live each day like its your last and don’t let a day go past without telling the person you love that you love them.